Working For MTAR
Some volunteers come to help the dogs relax, but as you can see sometimes it’s the dogs that help the volunteer to relax! Regular volunteer positions are available complete with training. The positions include:
- Meter greeters (meeting and greeting the public and showing them around)
- Grooming (bathing, cleaning ears, clipping nails, possibly using clippers at later date)
- Teaching dogs to walk ona harness and lead
- Helping look after a section of kennels
- Working in vets scrubbing kits and recovering dogs (full trading given and a vet and assistant also with you)
- Gardener - looking after our garden of memorie, hedges and grass lawns
- Handyman, mending fences kennel panels and whatever else is needed.
These are volunteer positions requiring regular commitments of hours and days. These positions are for over 25 year olds please and open to OAPs.
Child volunteer positions are mainly dog walking and require the child to be accompanied if under 16 and always to come with a parent or guardian for initial visit and acceptance.
To give the best care to our dogs your help is very much needed. Please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you think you can help.