Working For MTAR
EQUINE MANAGER POSITION -25-11-20
An amazing opportunity is opening up and we’re looking for the perfect candidate that will fall in love with this role. Description: You will be responsible for the care of 9 rescued equines.
This includes offering a variety of mentally and physically stimulating exercise, a solid daily routine and happy life. You will be responsible for worming program, feeding, orders, social media, farrier and dentist etc along with yard duties.
Ideally we are looking for someone who will be able to continue our equine program, running groups and stable management lessons for adults and children.
Requirements: We are looking for someone who is local and understands our challenging welsh weather!
You must be a kind, confident and experienced rider, able to lunge and enthusiastic to learn round penning skills and clicker training.
You do not need qualifications, however we need someone with the knowledge and experience of a minimum of BHS Stage 3. You must have a kind, empathetic yet confident character and be reliable.
Hours: Monday - Friday 8-4 and cover on weekends.
If you feel this role is made for you please email Sylvia - email@example.com
We always have plenty of volunteer roles! Some volunteers come to help the dogs relax, but as you can see sometimes it’s the dogs that help the volunteer to relax! Regular volunteer positions are available complete with training. The positions include:
- Meeter greeters (meeting and greeting the public and showing them around)
- Grooming (bathing, cleaning ears, clipping nails, possibly using clippers at later date)
- Teaching dogs to walk ona harness and lead
- Helping look after a section of kennels
- Working in vets scrubbing kits and recovering dogs (full trading given and a vet and assistant also with you)
- Gardener - looking after our garden of memorie, hedges and grass lawns
- Handyman, mending fences kennel panels and whatever else is needed.
These are volunteer positions requiring regular commitments of hours and days. These positions are for over 25 year olds please and open to OAPs.
Child volunteer positions are mainly dog walking and require the child to be accompanied if under 16 and always to come with a parent or guardian for initial visit and acceptance.
To give the best care to our dogs your help is very much needed. Please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you think you can help.