Working For MTAR
OFFICE ASSISTANT FULL TIME
We have an opening to join our very busy office team at the rescue in Llanelli, Carmarthenshire.
The role will be 9am-5pm, to include weekend working and you will need to be flexible and a good team player.
The successful applicant will need to have a good knowledge of dogs and be able to offer advice to adopters and fosterers as well as being computer literate.
Your duties will include answering telephone enquiries and dealing with applications for dogs so you must have good people skills and be comfortable interviewing applicants who wish to adopt.
You will need a polite, unwaveringly courteous telephone manner, be able to multitask in a very fast paced environment and have excellent organisational skills.
Although based in the office you will also be cross trained and must be happy to also work handling dogs, cleaning kennels, walking dogs and working across the rescue wherever needed, in all kinds of weather.
This role requires a genuine dog lover who is passionate about working in rescue and experience in a busy environment is essential.
As Many Tears is in a rural situation without public transport it's essential you have your own reliable transport.
To apply: Please email your CV to email@example.com with a covering email as to why you are applying and a little about yourself and your relevant experience.
We always have plenty of volunteer roles! Regular volunteer positions are available complete with training. The positions include:
- Meeter greeters (meeting and greeting the public and showing them around)
- Grooming (bathing, cleaning ears, clipping nails, possibly using clippers at later date)
- Teaching dogs to walk ona harness and lead
- Helping look after a section of kennels
- Working in vets scrubbing kits and recovering dogs (full trading given and a vet and assistant also with you)
- Gardener - looking after our garden of memorie, hedges and grass lawns
- Handyman, mending fences kennel panels and whatever else is needed.
These are volunteer positions requiring regular commitments of hours and days. These positions are for over 25 year olds please and open to OAPs.
Child volunteer positions are mainly dog walking and require the child to be accompanied if under 16 and always to come with a parent or guardian for initial visit and acceptance.
To give the best care to our dogs your help is very much needed. Please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you think you can help.