Working For MTAR
We are looking for a full time animal care assistant to work at the rescue in Llanelli, Carmarthenshire 5 days a week - Monday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Hours can be either 7am-3pm or 9am-5pm. This postion involves caring for the dogs in the kennels and applications need to be very energetic and fit as this is a physical role working with dogs in all weather conditions. We are looking for someone with dog handling experience and any prior rescue knowledge is a bonus but not essential.
Many Tears is an extremely busy rescue and organisational and communication skills are a must. The successful applicant will need to have a good knowledge of dogs and be able to both interview and offer advice to adopters. They must be passionate about saving dog's lives - this is not just a job but a vocation.
As Many Tears is in a rural situation without public transport it's essential you have reliable transport. Applicants must be passionate about dogs, salary will depend on experience and ability.
Please apply by sending your CV to Sylvia at email@example.com along with an email explaining why you believe you would you would be right for this position. Salary DOE.
We always have plenty of volunteer roles! Some volunteers come to help the dogs relax, but as you can see sometimes it’s the dogs that help the volunteer to relax! Regular volunteer positions are available complete with training. The positions include:
- Meter greeters (meeting and greeting the public and showing them around)
- Grooming (bathing, cleaning ears, clipping nails, possibly using clippers at later date)
- Teaching dogs to walk ona harness and lead
- Helping look after a section of kennels
- Working in vets scrubbing kits and recovering dogs (full trading given and a vet and assistant also with you)
- Gardener - looking after our garden of memorie, hedges and grass lawns
- Handyman, mending fences kennel panels and whatever else is needed.
These are volunteer positions requiring regular commitments of hours and days. These positions are for over 25 year olds please and open to OAPs.
Child volunteer positions are mainly dog walking and require the child to be accompanied if under 16 and always to come with a parent or guardian for initial visit and acceptance.
To give the best care to our dogs your help is very much needed. Please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you think you can help.